- Manal Mirza
Friday, September 30, 2016
MANY THINGS TO BE THANKFUL FOR
Allah has told us that His pleasure may be attained through gratitude. " If you are grateful, He is pleased with you..." (Az-Zumar 39:7).
The Prophet, peace and blessings be upon him, said: "Allah is pleased with His servant if, when he eats something, he thanks Allah for it, and when he drinks something, he thanks Allah for it" (Muslim).
We can be grateful in many ways for many things. There are many things to be grateful for but we can never pay the debt of the gratitude we owe to Allah. So, let's just ponder for five minutes and think, what am I thankful for?? What is the least important thing in my life that I STILL need to be grateful for because it does make a tiny bit significance in my life. No matter if we have or if what we DON'T have, we still need to be grateful for every little thing. So right now I am going to start what I think I AM grateful for and in the meantime even you try to relate with me and think too and be grateful too. Just a tiny bit of activity to be grateful. Say Alhumdulillah!
And if you should count the favors of Allah, you could not enumerate them. Indeed, Allah is Forgiving and Merciful. [Surah an Nahl:18]
1. I am thankful that I am a Muslim, I have Iman.
2. I am thankful for a having no serious diseases or problems with my health.
3. I am thankful for a big beautiful family, my parents, my sisters and brothers.
4. I am thankful for having a good deeni and wordly education.
5. I am thankful for having some few best friends.
6. I am thankful for having a roof over my head, a bed to rest on, a kitchen to eat food from, an AC to get cool air from, a fan to dry my sweat up and a toilet to use whenever I want.
7. I am thankful for the salary I receive every week.
8. I am thankful for being given the tawfeeq to pray five times a day and read Quran daily.
9. I am thankful for being able to have learnt tajweed of the Qurán.
10. I am thankful for being able to understand the Qurán without using a translation.
11. I am thankful that Allah has always being merciful to me when I wasn't even deserving.
12. I am thankful that I have done my best to bring out the best in people.
13. I am thankful for being a twin and having a twin who I share everything with. I don't know what I'd do without her.
14. I am thankful for being able to smile and laugh and be happy with whatever I have.
15. I am thankful that Allah got me out of the bad things I was indulged in my past.
16. I am thankful to have bad experiences in life as it taught me to be a better person.
17. I am thankful to have survived from a fatal car accident.
18. I am thankful for the rizq that Allah keeps providing my family and I.
19. I am thankful that I have been able to sleep a peaceful sleep without any difficulty.
20. I am thankful to have been blessed with three wonderful cute cats. Our lives would have been dull and boring without them,
21. I am thankful to have the things that most people don't have.
22. I am thankful to Allah for the times He has given me things I love unexpectedly and it makes my day. subhanAllah!
23. I am thankful for my mother. She has done for me what no other human can even try to do for me. Aren't all mothers suppose to be like that? Nobody can replace her.
24. I am thankful for my father. He has sacrificed for us what no other man I know would sacrifice for me. Aren't all fathers like that?
25. I am thankful that Allah has given me this opportunity to ponder and reflect to thank Him. Not many people are given this ability. I am not saying I am always grateful, but at this time I am thankful to Him because of HIS guidance. There is nothing great that I have done here. All credit goes to Him.
26. I am thankful that I am still single and I get to experience things as a single girl that married women won't, and that is INDEPENDENCE and SLEEP. [Don't curse me to get married soon lol]
27. I am thankful to be alive, to have been blessed with life, to have been given the chance to still work my best, to have a chance to still repent and change.
28. I am thankful for everything I own, for everyone I met, for everyone I loved.
29. I am thankful for the earth and it's beauty, the creatures Allah created and things that Allah made.
30. I am thankful for peace and security. We can be stripped of this any time and any day. I don't get to face what places of war are going through and I probably wouldn't have survived if I ever did (I seek refuge from that).
Alhumdullilah, Alhumdulillah! There are many things I am forgetting, I know! But please do comment down what you are grateful for.
" And whoever is grateful, he is only grateful for the benefit of his own self" (Luqman 31:12)
Be grateful everyone, when anything goes wrong or things get worse just be thankful, because there's everything to cry about but there is always something to be grateful for.
"Then remember Me; I will remember you. Be grateful to Me, and do not reject Me" (Al-Baqarah 2:152).
If you are ungrateful for what Allah has given you and you behave insolently, then remember this is disbelief; Disbelief in Allah's blessings that He has bestowed upon you. So don't do that.
May Allah give us the opportunity to be grateful. May Allah bless us with more blessings and rizq in our lives. AMEEN! :D
جزكم الله خيرا كثيرا for reading!
Ask me anything regarding this topic here.
Thank you for reading. Please feel free to send me the link of your blogs and comment below if you have similar views.
- Manal Mirza