Saturday, May 14, 2011

Friendship

Okay, Now we all have been through those times when we know that friendship never comes with a guarantee of a lifetime. Although, there are possibilities that some friendships do last longer than what we had imagined. Most of our closest friends are from high school, some of them are from our college or some of them are those whom we have worked with. Whom do you think would last longer in your life?
Well my life haven't been the best when it came to friendship. I was the psychiatrist one in my friend circle. And few of them were followers, the rest were out of the league. How did we manage to be the psychiatrist type? My life wasn't as normal as my friend's. I faced a lot of hardships and that's how I knew what is needed to be done when it has to be done. At least that's what I thought I knew that time. I never pressurized myself to feel this way. My friends made me realize that, that's how I am to them. I was the Stylish one, had normal friends, who, at the beginning never thought good of me. Of course, because the Stylish ones never had the good reputation. The proverb of my life was, "Never to judge anyone without knowing them" and "Always assure what you have heard, rather than jumping to conclusions just because you heard it from someone else's mouth". 
When I was in the last year of my junior high, I met new friends. And they came to know me much better. And they all went like, " Oh My God, you are so awesome. We heard such crazy things about you". And that's when I repeated my proverb to them. 
In every aspect of our lives, falls a little burden of patience on us. Not all of us has been at our best behavior when it comes to patience. Our human minds and body is always in some kind of rush. Ready to capture some kind of mysterious air that has all kinds of happiness, success and magic in it. My life was quite like that. I always did something good, only to prove others that I am good enough. One day I stopped trying, because negative minds had only created even more negativity in my mind. I had lost my Self-confidence. I forgot how to express my talents. I even forgot how it was to feel pretty or even smile. Just because of them! I was a stylish girl who walked up-headed without even caring who thought what of me! Most of them failed to understand me. Later I failed to understand them. 
I put my Trust in Allah, hoping some day I will get back what I lost because of those negative and envy heads. And Alhumdulillah, as patience resulted it's brightest stars, I got it back but that left some painful negativity in myself which is still there. And It taught me one lesson in life. In every stage/phase of your life, comes a paper which is the test of patience. And this was just the first stage in my life. the next stage landed when my friendship had a dormancy period.
My best friend is Mystified Angel. (That's what she called herself). I know her since the last year of junior school. She was the one who never ever judged me, never misunderstood me. Always tried to keep me holding up when I had no one to talk to or share with. That was the kind of person I was going to be away from for the rest of my college life. Why? because she had to go to India to study in college. She is going to be an Architect inshAllah! :) Till that day until now, We still are best friends. We do keep in touch! And I know that I am favored a great guarantee in life with a permanent friendship from her. inshAllah. Well it's only been 5 years, since my best friend and I are together. But inshAllah, our friendship may last longer.
There were so many days, that I was in trauma and I faced really hard times alone. And those days I found some really amazing friends. The ones who encouraged me, helped me, guided me on the right path of Islam and made my faith even more stronger. They were there with me when I was so alone and confused about my decisions in life. And those friends weren't from my high school, they are my seniors. We never felt the age difference because I have a brain of a 30 year old. 
What more do you want than a friend who is leading you onto the straight path of Islam? I wouldn't ask for more. I do the same now. Alhumdulillah! At least I try to. InshAllah, there are a lot of ways that I have to keep up the pace of my patience level in the matter of friendship. Whatever Allah gives, gives us the best! All we should do is wait and wait until the right thing falls on your lap and we will all know this is what we have waited for and that, it's WORTH it! 



Surah Al- Asr-

1. By Al-'Asr (the time).
2. Verily! Man is in loss,

Thanks for reading. Please feel free to share the link on a similar story as this. I'll be more than happy to comment.

- Invisible Identity.

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome one invisible identity and very inspiring for anyone who's lost all hope in life and needs a lil push to turn to Allah SWT (=
    I've been through a similar phase in my life and Alhumdullilah Allah SWT gave me hidayah before it was too late. I have a ruined reputation back there in India but then I realized the more you try to ignore, the more you run away from it the more it'll get worse. I learnt to face my enemies, confront them and change their opinion about me. In fact I am only thankful to Allah SWT for the tough situations He put me in, because not only did it make me strong and change my outlook towards life, but it also helped me pull off that fake stinky mask soaked in juices of fake love and concern from people's faces. I won't say my life is perfect and blissful ATM from the duniya's view, but my heart's at peace now and I'm more than satisfied with all I have ! Alhumdullilah for everything. Praise be to the All Merciful (=

    "But whosoever repents after his crime/committing a bad deed and does righteous good deeds (by obeying Allah), then verily, Allah will pardon him (accept his repentance). Verily, Allaah is Oft Forgiving, Most Merciful" [Al-Maa’idah 5:39]

    P.S i really like the template ! :D

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment.