Saturday, July 6, 2013

ARE YOU ARROGANT? FIND OUT

TAKABBUR [ARROGANCE]

What does arrogance mean? What does one need to do to be arrogant or chesty?
Anyone who thinks or considers himself superior over anybody in regards of money, knowledge, beauty, children, character, job, belongings, race, caste, fame, culture, lineage etc. are arrogant. They have pride and vanity. It is considered as a disease of the heart which is not an easy disease to cure oneself from. 
The prophet (S.A.W.) said, "One will not enter Paradise, if one has an atom’s weight of arrogance in his/her heart." [Imam Muslim and Tirmidhi]
That is such a scary hadith. What if we have that atom of arrogance bearing within us? Can we risk going to hell for that? NO! May Allah protect us from Hell Fire. Ameen
Iblees was arrogant. He said "…I am better than him (Adam), you created me from fire, and you created him from clay." [Surah Al Ar'af 12] 
The main cause for a person to commit sin is due to arrogance or ego. He feels that he is correct and pious and therefore doesn't need to improve himself. For e.g. if you advice a person to do hijab they will reply you why should I? I don’t need it! A murderer commits sins because of arrogance, a fornicator and an adulterer commits fornication and adultery because of arrogance. They do not fear Allah. If they feared Allah they would be humble and submissive and not fearless and arrogant!

"I am this and I am that." "Do you know who I am?" "Who do you think you are talking to?" "I have had many people who bowed to me in work!" "I don't need to hear your lectures!"  "Has she seen herself in the mirror?" "Look at him, He doesn't have a good car, therefore he is not one of us." "My god, Is she black?" "Oh My god, Is she fat?" "Oh no! she is only an Aalima!" "Oh My god I am the only Aalima and others have no idea about Islam!" "I am the smartest in my whole class!" "I dress the best in my whole group!" "I have the most money!" "I have the most number of friends!" "I told you so, ha!" "I have Lamborghini, what does he have?" "I have the latest Iphone 5, other people know I have the most expensive phone!" "I looked the best in that party!" "She looked the ugliest in that party!" "I think my hair is the most silkiest and longest!" "Oh my god, I show my underwear but look at those mullas who wear pants above their ankles, how cheap!" "Look at this frizzy beard, Ew! he should be clean shaved like me!" “why should I speak to her first? She should come to me!” “Do not speak when ‘I’ am talking” “Everything should go according to me” "My house is bigger than others" "Why does he pray so fast? He should pray so slow like me!" "Oh he is an Indian but I am a Saudi royalty" "Look at her, she looks like a Sl**!" "She is soo judgmental! (doesn't realize saying judgmental to others is being judgmental)"
And on and on and on and on! Have we forgotten our beginning? and How will we end?? We were born with a drop of Semen and will die back into the dust! 
If Allah has given us His nemats and His blessings of beauty, wealth and knowledge, don't you think we need to at least use those things for His Benefit of Deen? 

Allah says in Surah Isra: 37, "And do not walk upon the earth exultantly. Indeed, you will never tear the earth [apart], and you will never reach the mountains in height." 
Many people cat walk or with their heads up high. Let us all focus on our walks. in sha Allah!
The ayat above came after the prohibition of so many deeds from ayat 22 to 37 and the verse of arrogance being the last which shows us the nature of all the sins that is Pride and Takabbur. 
SubhanaAllah!

On the Day of Judgment, Allah (SubhanaAllah Wa ta'la) will not look with mercy at the ones who lengthened his clothes out of arrogance. The prophet (sallalahu alaihi wasallam) says, "Whosoever drags his clothes out of arrogance, Allah will not look at him on the Day of Judgment." Abu Bakr said: "O messenger of Allah: My garment slips (slightly off his waist) to the ground but I lift it!?" The prophet replied, "You are not among those who do it out of arrogance." [Reported by Imam Bukhari, Muslim and other]

We all have come across arrogant people and none of us likes to be in a position where one presents themselves to be self-important or conceited. So do not present yourself to be arrogant intentionally or unintentionally. Do not rolls eyes when you see someone, or wait for someone to approach to you. Its a total turn off and Allah loathes arrogant people. Allah destroyed the tyrants such as Phiraon and Nimrood and many more because of their arrogance and claiming themselves to be God and the Greatest of all.

Why does He hate? Because arrogance and pride is a quality and attribute exclusively for Allah alone. Allah (Az Wajal) says, "Dignity is my lower garment, and arrogance is my covering. If anyone competes with Me in either of these two, surely I torture him."  reported by Qudsi hadith and Imam Muslim. 

Allah subhanAllah wa Ta'ala says in Surah Luqman: 18] "And do not turn your face away from men with arrogance, nor walk in insolence through the earth. Verily, Allah does not like each arrogant boaster."

The opposite reaction of Arrogance is humility and humbleness. One should therefore be humble in character and personality in regards of everything they see, say and act. Do not consider yourself to be anything! We are slaves of Allah, We are nothing, We are no one! We are here in this world to please Allah and follow His commandments. We need to follow the footsteps of our beloved Messenger of Allah (Sallahualaihi wa sallam). He used to walk very simply as if he was walking down the mountain. So humble! mashaAllah! So let us not Raise our heads up high in Salat or while walking, Humble our postures with our parents and elders and suppress the word I and ME and use the word US and WE! in sha Allah


JazakiaAllah hu khairan for reading. Make sure you Rate, Share and comment. 

Ask me anything at http://ask.fm/manalmirza23 Thank you for reading. Please feel free to send me the link of your blogs and comment below if you have similar views.
- Manal Mirza


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment.